Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nap time


So this is how nap time goes at our house! Since we live in AZ most of you don't know that Lyndon is NOT a good sleeper, well it's mostly because he just does not need a lot of sleep! He did great going to bed until he got an ear infection around 6 months and then he decided he liked me holding him all night. Well, sleeping sitting up was not that great so after trying countless things that did not work we finally talked to our pediatrician and a couple friends who suggested just letting him cry it out. As, heartbreaking as it was two hours later we had a baby so was sound asleep and who now goes to bed every night at 8 without any problems.
So why did I put this picture up? Well, because the story does not end there Lyndon has his father's genes and yes I know its good to go to bed early and rise early but I am not programmed that way and well every morning around 4:30-5:00 our wide eyed little boy is ready to start the day, and I am defiantly NOT! But having a baby I get up anyways I watch a 9 month old little girl everyday so I like to be ready by the time she gets here.
That's where nap time comes in even though Lyndon sleeps in his bed all night he refuses to sleep in it during the day and Amara the little girl I watch co-sleeps with her family so the room with the pack-n-play and crib stay empty everyday and my couch is full :) I am sure some probably wonders why I don't break this habit, well I have tried but Lyndon would rather not sleep all day than take a nap and Amara is so not used to it and living in Apartments it sounds like I am torturing them. They will scream their lungs out everyday all day until i get them out, and they both only take one 45 min. nap a day so if you ever come to visit:) Don't be alarmed if my couch is now a bed:) Someday when Lyndon does not wake up before the sun does maybe I will change his sleeping arrangements but, for now I am going to enjoy my the only 45 minutes of silence I get a day!:)

** Don't you like my couch Ty takes the cover off everyday when he sits on it:)

3 comments:

The Hawks said...

I do love your couch actually. I could careless what it looks like cuz it is so comfy!

Lyndi said...

How cute! And I can't believe you get up with him! Alex used to do that and I'd just get her a sippy cup and a bowl of dry cereal and then I'd go back to bed while she played in her room (with the gate, of course, I'm not TOTALLY irresponsible). :)

annie said...

Hi Lindsay. Sounds like you are keeping busy.

Uncle Tony is just like Lyndon. He thinks our sofa is a bed too. I can't tell you how many times he has fallen asleep while watching tv.

I used to wake him up to come to bed. Anymore....not so much.

Happy huggs, Aunt Ann